Doering Health Clinic
The Doering Health Clinic serves as primary care for dormitory students, and as supportive care for all other students and school employees during the school day. The Clinic remains open during the summer for administrative tasks and school sponsored camps.
Doering Clinic is staffed by a Nursing Director, two part-time nurses, the school physician, and contracts a physician's assistant who offers yearly physicals at specified times.
Doering Health Clinic Phone Number - 267-502-4582
Services offered through the Doering Clinic include:
- Compliance with Commonwealth school requirements, including physicals and screenings, and other initiatives.
- Nursing assessments during the school day to determine illness or injury, and response to any school emergency.
- Routine care for illness/injury to support school attendance.
- Vaccine clinics as needed to support compliance with Pennsylvania requirements.
- For dormitory students, comprehensive care, and case management for medical needs during the school year.
- Collaboration with athletics for care and monitoring of athletes.
- Insurance management and related issues.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
Physician on-site Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 7:45 am -8:15 am
Nurse on-call availability 24/7 through main phone number: 267-502-4582
Crystal Smith BSN, RN, CSN
Crystal Smith (Girls School 1981) graduated from Abington Nursing School in 1985, earned her BSN in Nursing from Eastern University, and is a Certified School Nurse through the Pennsylvania Department of Education. She also graduated from the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City, which allows her to combine her love of cooking with promoting a healthy lifestyle. Nurse Crystal (as she is called by the students) is dedicated to a holistic approach in the school setting and feels privileged to care for ANC students.
Dr. Bruce Morrison, DO
Dr. Morrison received a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology at Ohio University in 1973, and graduated from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 1978. He is Board Certified in Family Medicine and Occupational Medicine, with special emphasis in Sports Medicine. He has a family practice in Huntingdon Valley and enjoys working with ANC students, coaches and athletes.