The national Cappies program was created in 1999 to promote high school theatre and journalism programs; ANC has been a part of the Greater Philadelphia Cappies chapter since 2006.
Students are trained in journalism, fairness and theatre critique at the beginning of each school year and attend five shows throughout the year at other area high schools. At a Cappies show, there are 30-50 student critics from different high schools in attendance as Cappies. They meet before and immediately after the show for a discussion facilitated by a teacher mentor. Each critic writes a short review which is anonymously read by the teacher mentors, who then chooses the top four reviews for publication.
On ANC’s team this year: Aurelle O. (lead critic), Hope O., Jade D., Hanna M., James G., and Meg M.
This year our Cappies show is Humbug. Between 30-50 Cappies critics from area high schools will attend opening night and then write reviews of the show. Humbug will be eligible for awards given at the annual Cappies Gala in May.
For more information on the Cappies program, please see their website: www.cappies.com.
READ ANC CAPPIES CRITICS' REVIEWS OF:
- SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy)
- METAMORPHOSES (Friends Select)
- CLUE (Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy)
- 12 ANGRY JURORS (Interboro HS)
- SOUND OF MUSIC (Dock Mennonite)
- MURDER ON THE NILE (Upper Dublin)
- BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS (Ridley)
- ADDAMS FAMILY (Upper Moreland)
- TWELVE ANGRY JURORS (Jenkintown)
- SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL (Springfield)
- LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS (PA Leadership Charter)
- LEGALLY BLONDE (Agnes Irwin)
- HAMLET (Unionville High)
- MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (Baldwin)
- BIG LOVE (Westtown)
- BYE BYE BIRDIE (Haverford)
- RENT (CAPA)
- FOOTLOOSE (Lower Moreland)
- JOSEPH AND THE TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT (Cardinal O'Hara)
- LES MISERABLES (Eastern Regional HS)
- ONCE UPON A MATTRESS