Frequently Asked Questions
How do I schedule a tour of ANC?
- We welcome your family to attend our Open House on Saturday, October 19th at 10:00 am. Click here to register.
- Schedule a private tour, Monday through Thursday at 7:45 am. Call the Admissions Office, 267-502-2539.
Can my child visit classes?
- Yes, once your family has completed a private tour or attended our Open House, we will be happy to schedule a shadow day. They are held Monday through Thursday 7:45 am - noon.
What transportation is available for day students?
- Families who live within a 10-mile radius can ride their district school bus. There is also a Septa bus route nearby.
Is there a dress code?
Do students have advisors?
- Yes, every student has an academic advisor.
What sort of academic support is available for students?
- Speak with Admissions to find out what level of support is available.
Are computers available for students on campus? Do students need to bring their own computer?
- Computers are available for student use and students are welcome to bring their own computer.
How much homework should students expect at ANC?
- Students should expect about half an hour per class period, on average.
What do boarding students do on the weekends?
- There are social events many weekends for both boarding and day students. In addition, each dorm has various activities for residents.
Is there a required study hall?
- Boarding students have a study hall period from 7-9 pm on school nights, Sunday-Thursday.
What happens when a student gets sick while living in the dorm?
- We have a nurse on campus to check on sick students and bring them their meals.
How are roommates assigned?
- Over the summer, the dorm head sends a questionnaire to each student in order to pair roommates.
When do we choose fall classes?
- Registrations for new students are emailed at the beginning of July.
How do I order books?
- Visit the textbooks and required materials website.
How do I arrange for bus transportation for my day student?
- Please contact Keene Blair by phone 267-502-2538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
When should I expect to receive summer mailings?
- You will receive mailings periodically throughout the summer.
- Once enrolled, forms and mailings will be received via "My Backpack."