At ANC we are proud of our rich dramatic arts program. We offer both academic and extracurricular opportunities for our students to perform. Our Performing Arts Portfolio course and our Instrumental, Choral, and Dance Ensembles provide classroom instruction in the arts. Students can also try out for our Fall Play or our Spring Play.
Students interested in the backstage aspects of theater can take courses in set design or costuming. They can also participate as members of the stage crew or by joining the sound and lighting team.
ANC Performing Arts One Day Workshop
Supercalifragilistic workshop for current 4th, 5th & 6th graders. During this one-day workshop, students will learn part of the choreography and music of the song “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from the Broadway Musical “Mary Poppins.”
Workshop will take place on February 11th from 9am-12noon. Students should wear comfortable clothes that are easy to dance in and sneakers or jazz shoes. Parents are invited to return at 11:45am to see the students’ work.
Cost of workshop is $20
- A Charlie Brown Christmas, Fall 2016 | See the photos here, here, here and here
- Oliver!, Spring 2016 | See the photos here and here
- Santaland Diaries, Fall 2015 | See the photos
- Peter Pan, Spring 2015 | See the photos
- A Seussified Christmas Carol, Fall 2014 | See the photos
- The Sound of Music, Spring 2014 | See the photos
- Miracle of 34th Street, Fall 2013 | See the photos here and here
- One Act Plays, Spring 2013 | See the photos
- White Christmas, Fall 2012 | See the photos
- Fiddler on the Roof, Spring 2012 | See the photos
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fall 2011 | See the photos
- Seussical the Musical, Spring 2011 | See the photos
- It's A Wonderful Life, Fall 2010 | See the photos
- Thoroughly Modern Millie, Spring 2010 | See the photos
- Bye Bye Birdie, Spring 2009
- 42nd Street, Spring 2008
- A Christmas Carol, Fall 2008, Fall 2009
- Honk!, Spring 2007
- The Wizard of Oz, Spring 2006
Each year, more than half of our student body participates in performing arts at ANC. They put on two main stage plays and three Arts Nights and a Christmas Concert. They also performed at a number of community events, learning about many aspects of theater production and performance along the way.