At ANC we are proud of our rich dramatic arts program. We offer both academic and extracurricular opportunities for our students to perform. Our Performing Arts Portfolio course and our Instrumental, Choral, and Dance Ensembles provide classroom instruction in the arts. Students can also try out for our Fall Musical or our Spring Play.
Students interested in the backstage aspects of theater can take courses in set design or costuming. They can also participate as members of the stage crew or by joining the sound and lighting team.
This year's Spring Production...A Night of One Act Plays
- White Christmas, Fall 2012 | See the photos
- Fiddler on the Roof, Spring 2012 | See the photos
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Fall 2011 | See the photos
- Seussical the Musical, Spring 2011 | See the photos
- It's A Wonderful Life, Fall 2010 | See the photos
- Thoroughly Modern Millie, Spring 2010 | See the photos
- Bye Bye Birdie, Spring 2009
- 42nd Street, Spring 2008
- A Christmas Carol, Fall 2008, Fall 2009
- Honk!, Spring 2007
- The Wizard of Oz, Spring 2006
This past year, more than 65% of our student body participated in performing arts at ANC. They put on two main stage plays—Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fiddler on the Roof—three Arts Nights and a Christmas Concert. They also performed at a number of community events, learning about many aspects of theater production and performance along the way.